Wednesday 7 September 2011

A Warrior-like Mage!!!

This time around I will be posting a guide on the new class; Resistance. I've tried playing all 3 of the jobs in Resistance ( Battlemage, Wildhunter, Mechanic ) and I've only played my Battlemage ( BaM ) till 4th job. Not that the other 2 jobs wasn't nice to play but I've prepared to play BaM even before it was release ^^.

BaM is another mage released by Nexon. Unlike any other mages, BaM can only use Staff as their weapon and BaM is the only mage that doesn't have Magic Guard which also makes them having the most HP among all the other mages.

AP build:
Before Big Bang ( BB ) patch-It is advisable to make your mage Luk-less. A luk-less mage at that time has higher damage than a Normal and Low Luk mages as 1 Int is equivalent to 1 Magic Attack ( MA ).

After BB patch-When BB arrived, it is the other way round. It is definitely not advisable to make a pure mage not unless you are really well funded. Making a Normal or Low Luk mage now is as good as making a pure mage back then before BB.

Own Experience-I've met a few Pure BaM and I've asked one of these BaM her damage range. She told me her highest damage range is 8k++ with Advance Dark Aura ( ADA ) lvl10 and her level was 125. When I reached that level, my range is 7k++. The difference here is because her glove and shield give high MA plus most of her equipment ( eq ) provide Int% potential ( ptt ). This tell us that going Pure is good provided you have the right eq and you're funded.

SP build:
1st job ( lvl10-lvl30 ):


End result SP used : 65 (max)
Triple Blow (20)
Dark Aura (20)
The Finisher (10)
Teleport (15)

Explanation:
Blow is basically BaM main attack and as for starter, you will learn Triple Blow ( TB ) in 1st job. As you job advanced, you will learn new blows with increased in number of hits and damage dealt. 4 SP should be put into TB and 1 SP into The Finisher ( TF ) at lvl10. Putting 1 SP into TF will reduce MP usage of recasting TB for last hit as TF works as a combo after casting TB. Continue putting SP into TB for higher damage. Once TB is max, you should max Dark Aura ( DA ). Auras is BaM special skill ( I will include a small section about Auras later in the guide ). TF is max next follow later by Teleport. Eventually, all the skills in 1st job will be maxed.

Place to train:
Basically, doing all the required quests and quests available at Edelstein will be enough to make your character to lvl30. That's what I did on my BaM.

2nd job ( lvl31-lvl70 ):

End result SP used: 123 (max)
Blood Drain (9) 
Staff Booster (14)
Quad Blow (20)
Dark Chain (20)
Blue Aura (20)
Yellow Aura (20)
Staff Mastery (20)

Explanation:
At lvl30, putting 1 SP into Quad Blow to replace Triple Blow as it deal more number of hits and damage, 1 SP into Dark Chain to make training faster as it will stun and drag mobs to you and 1 SP to Staff Mastery as it will stabilize your damage and increases critical rate and magic attack. Continue putting SP into Staff Mastery. Since at lvl30~lvl51, Monster Carnival ( MC ) will be your place of leveling, putting 3 SP into Blood Drain after maxing Staff Mastery will keep you from dying frequently while MC-ing. Thats what I did though I still die but I survive longer. The traditional '6 SP into Booster' will apply here too on Staff Booster for added attack speed. Then you can continue putting SP into Quad Blow for higher damage. Once out of MC, you will need to train by yourself. Mobility is important while you are grinding so Yellow Aura ( YA ) should be max next for better movement speed and faster attacking speed. Then, put in 8 SP into Staff Booster to make it to lvl14 for longer buff duration. Next put in SP into Dark Chain for higher damage. Max Blue Aura ( BA ) next and lastly, add in the remaining 6 SP into Blood Drain for higher HP drain and longer buff duration.

Place to train:
Lvl30~lvl51 will be at MC. Lvl51 onwards will be at Ludibrium's Toy Factory. At lvl60~lvl70, going to Ghost Ship pq will be ideal.

Why didn't I max Blood Drain and Staff Booster?
The reason is simple, if I were to max Blood Drain and Staff Booster then I will not be able to max my 2 Auras which is very important because you need to max YA and BA to activate the advance version of it at 3rd job and 4th job. Beside, maxing Booster won't make you attack faster and 3% of HP drained is ideal for me.

3rd job ( lvl70-lvl120 ):

*ADC-Advanced Dark Chain*

End result SP used: 153 (max)
Summon Reaper Buff (13)
Quintuple Blow (20)
Advanced Dark Cahin (20)
Dark Shock (20)
Body Boost (20)
Conversion (10)
Adv. Blue Aura (20)
Teleport Mastery (10)
Battle Mastery (20)

Explanation:
At lvl 70, put 1 SP into Quintuple Blow to replace Quad Blow, 1 SP into ADC to pull more mob and deal higher damage and 1 SP into Teleport Mastery to deal damage while you are teleporting through mobs. Add 1 SP into Dark Shock for fun ^^ and for its high damage. Then max Battle mastery as it increases your damage. Next you max Quintuple Blow follow by Body Boost. Body Boost gives different effect according to which Auras you are currently buffed with ( is possible to have Body Boost on all 3 Auras ). Conversion is max next for a better version of Hyper Body as it double your HP at max lvl. After that, you can max Dark Shock, ADC for higher damage and more mobs pulled and Adv. Blue Aura. Summon Reaper Buff is up last because it is a very useless skill ( but gets better in Chaos patch ) imo.
Place to train:
At lvl70, I train at Edelstein's Underground Mine. Lvl80 will be at Rex pq. If you can solo at Rex pq it will be good to do Rex pq till lvl120. For me, I do Rex pq and grind at MP3 when I reach lvl 90. 

4th job ( lvl120~lvl200 ):
At this stage there isn't any fix guide to follow as everyone has different chances on getting those skillbooks. But for me I will up my skills this way ( assuming I've all the skills at max lvl ):


*ADA-Advanced Dark Aura*

Whatever it is try maxing Finishing Blow and ADA a.s.a.p.

Auras
As we all know, there are 3 types of auras which are Dark Aura, Yellow Aura and Blue Aura. All these 3 auras give good buff and last forever (untill you die, recast or dispelled ) but sadly a BaM cannot cast all 3 auras together. When a new aura is cast the previous aura will be replace by the new aura. So in order to have all 3 auras avtive, you will need 2 other BaMs to activate the other auras. For example, A use Dark Aura, B  use Yellow Aura and C use Blue Aura. All these 3 BaMs will have the 3 auras buff. Aside from that, for the auras to affect other players, those players need to stand near the BaM or they will not get the auras buff. 


Lastly, I will like to thank my friend, Justin for telling me to read a guide 1st before allocating SP which if not I will definitely up wrongly on my BaM skills like how many of my fellow maplers did and of course Aider for his guide on BaM ( the guide that I followed ^^ ). Heres Aider's Guide on BaM. Thanks people for reading. Happy Mappling and Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment