Sunday 21 August 2011

Path of a WindBreaker



Hello folks! As promised, here is the guide to Winbreaker. I will explain briefly about Ability Points ( AP ) and Skill Points ( SP ) allocation and places to train in this guide.

WindBreaker ( WB ) is an archer class that uses bow as its weapon. Skills of WB are quite similar to an ordinary Adventurer Bowman except for certain skills.

I will start off with the stats built ( Str-less or Low Str or Normal ). It is always a pain in the a** when it comes to AP allocation. People will be asking how many str you have, what is your base str, how much your equipment add to your str etc etc...

The 1st step is to determine whether you have the equipments to go Str-less ( which means you must be flithy rich) or Low Str ( semi funded ) or Normal ( for beginner approach ). Once you have done that, ask yourself the next question; is HP important to you? If yes, then add Str to your desired amount. Why? I have come to understand that Str affects your Max HP while Int affects your Max MP. I cannot confirm that these information is true as I have not make a comparison before.

My WB was Str-less till lvl 90 and from there i add in 30 AP into my Str which gives me 34 base Str. I add in AP to Str because I need it to wear my Dark Nisrock which requires 105 Str. Since KOC max level is only 120, having a lot of HP or not is not a big matter ( not like you will be using KOC to go Horntail *F3* ).

To me, if you feel like putting AP into Str then go ahead and put in some. It is all about how you feel and not how others feel. I put in Str to use a better weapon ( high Weapon Attack ( WA ) gives higher damage ). Otherwise, I will be a Str-less WB. Once you have settle with stats determination, your next step will be allocating SP into skills.

*Which skill should I up first at this level?*

Common question among maplers. Putting SP into skills is exactly like putting AP into stats. There is no fix guide that you must follow from A-Z because SP allocation is base on either your mapling instinct or your mapling experience and not blindly following a guide. Don't get frustrated just because your friend tell you he/she up Double Shot first and not Critical Shot. This doesn't makes him/her right but is not wrong either. Everyone has different opinion. Maybe your friend finds that maxing Double Shot first will give higher damage than having a lvl1 Double Shot with max Critical Shot. So, is again up to your very own decision in SP allocation. However, I will, of course, provide a brief SP allocation guide base on my own experience.

SP allocation for 1st job ( lvl 10 - lvl 30 ) :

End result SP used : 61 (max)

6 Storm
Max Focus (10)
Max Double Shot (5)
Max Critical Shot (20)
Max Eye of Amazon (10)

Explanation :

My build is also known as Critical Build. Maxing Critical Shot together with a lvl 1 Double Shot gives a higher damage than maxed Double Shot with lvl 1 Critical Shot. Besides, if you feel like just using normal attack ( I'm a stingy person so using normal attack [1 arrow] is better to me than using Double Shot [2 arrows] ) then my build is the best as it deal higher damage ( high critical damage ). Storm can be ignore completely actually as it is a very useless skill ( IMHO ) so I put the remaining SP into it when i have maxed the other essential skills. I choose to maxed out Focus instead of Storm because Focus gives additional 80 Accuracy and Avoidability at lvl 10.

Place to train :

Basically, at lvl 10 - lvl 30 I will be training and completing Edelstein quest. Alternatively, you can also train at blue ribbon pigs > mixed golems > Zombie Lupins.

SP allocation for 2nd job ( lvl 30 - lvl 70 ) :


End result SP used : 121 (max)

11 Bow Booster
Max Storm Break (30)
Max Wind Walk (20)
Max Soul Arrow (10)
Max Thrust (10)
Max Final Attack (20)
Max Bow Mastery (20)

Explanation :

Since at lvl 30, Monster Carnival ( MC ) pq will be your fastest way to level up. So your SP should be put into mobbing skill ( Storm Break ) a.s.a.p. but since the damage will differ in a wide range, I maxed Bow Mastery first then only maxed Storm Break. Then I maxed Wind Walk to deal additional damage. I did not up Soul Arrow till I reach lvl 62 because you will be mobbing most of the time and Ghost Ship pq is only available when you reach lvl 60. Bow Booster kept at 6 because everyone does that ^^ ( 1min is more than enough in MC and higher level will not make you attack faster, it just make the buff duration longer only ).

Before Big Bang, Final Attack ( FA ) is consider useless as it will make you vulnerable to monster's body damage and skills due its cast delay ( another arrow will be shot out from your weapon after you use a skill or attack ). But after Big Bang, FA is a very important skill as it deal additional damage and most importantly, the cast delay is remove and replace with a red light animation ( no more arrow will be shot out which you barely even notice ). FA now can even be activated by using skills from 3rd job like Wind Shot unlike before Big Bang which only activate when you used skills from 1st and 2nd job.

I keep SP from lvl 56 - lvl 62 and put all at once into FA because putting it bit by bit will not really make any different and waste MP ( KOC FA is an active skill which requires to be cast like a buff ). So might as well wait till you have enough SP to max FA at once to see the effect of it. Thrust is maxed later as it is not that important. Remaining SP are then put into Bow Booster for longer duration.

Place to train :

At lvl 30 - lvl 51 do MC ( fastest way to level up ). Then, from lvl51 you have to do mobbing because MC is not available anymore and MC2 doesn't really attracts people to do ( at MapleSea ). At this lvl, I train at Ludibrium inside the Toy Factory till I can go GSPQ ( lvl60 ). Proceed with GSPQ or train inside Toy Factory till lvl 70.

SP allocation for 3rd job ( lvl 70 - lvl 120 ) :


End result SP used : 151 (max)

3 Strafe
Max Arrow Rain (20)
Max Eagle Eye (5)
Max Wind Shot (20)
Max Wind Piercing (20)
Max Hurricane (30)
Max Bow Expert (20)
Max Puppet (20)
Max Storm (6+4)
Max Bow Booster (11+9)

Explanation :

Adding 1 SP into Arrow Rain makes mobbing faster as it has a shorter after-cast delay than Storm Break. Then prepare yourself to go Rex pq at lvl 80 by maxing out Eagle Eye and Wind Shot. Once Eagle Eye and Wind Shot are maxed, you max Wind Piercing next for better mobbing. At lvl 91, SP should be kept from using so that when you reach lvl 100 you can max out Hurricane at once. Keep another 20 SP for Bow Expert when you get it later at lvl 110. Then, max Arrow Rain so that you don't have to depend on Wind Piercing as a mobbing skill which can only be use with Eagle Eye buff activated. The remaining SP will be used on any skills. For me, I use it to max Storm, Bow Booster, and Puppet. Strafe is up last because you won't be using it at all when there is Hurricane and Wind Shot ( faster and higher damage ).

Place to train :

Once you reach lvl 70, go to Edelstein Underground Mine and train there or continue GSPQ till lvl 80 where Rex pq will be available in the Mirror of Dimension ( MoD ). In MapleSea, Rex pq will be the best way to train till lvl 115. Then, you can still continue Rex pq ( a bit slower; 2% - 3% exp for each npq and 5% - 6% exp for each gpq ) or you can train at MP3 ( Mysterious Path 3 at Boat Quay Town ) or you can do both simultaneously like what I am currently doing. 50% at Rex pq and 50% at MP3 ... if too much Rex pq I can't stand, if too much mobbing I will be sleepy so half of each will be good enough.

Remarks :
*I didn't mention what monster to hit at that particular maps which I mentioned above because it is  understandable that you should hit monster that gives you at least 0.06% exp per kill and that monster level must not exceed 5 level of your current level or most of your attack will missed.
*This guide is base wholly on the way I train my WB. You will find some informations sounds like someone else's post but hey, these are the common ways how Maplers train their WB.
*This is just a GUIDE not LAW so you don't have to follow it step by step. Heck, you can even use your own way if you find that my way is too boring or normal.

My 1st guide and not last of course ^^ more is OTW... Now I have to concentrate on my WB. 3 more lvls to be 120. Give me some time and I will be back will more news, guides, and stories. Hope you will find this guide useful in a way. Blessed Be!!!

(some designs and phrases are from adolo of basilmarket)

No comments:

Post a Comment